With only a few days left in June, you still have a chance to save a rescue cat in honor of adopt-a-cat month. If you are debating on bring a cat home, here are a few reasons how owning a cat can bring you great joy and fulfillment to your life!
1. Cats are independent. They need very little supervision, which is perfect if you consider yourself a workaholic or have a busy lifestyle.
2. Cats bathe themselves. This gives you one less chore that you would have to consider and do when owning a pet like a dog.
3. Cats do not need to be housebroken. They can figure out how to use a litter box naturally. This can allow you to stay out for an extended amount of time without having to worry about taking your pet outside.
4. Cats are great entertainers. They can entertain themselves with almost anything around the house. Cats can also be great couch companions when you are home watching tv and relaxing.
5. You are saving a life. Somewhere between 6-8 million cats and dogs are taking to animal shelters each year. Of that number, 3-4 million will be euthanized.
6. Cats can save your life. Having a pet has been attributed to lowering a risk of heart disease and lowering blood pressure. Petting a cat has been proven to release good feeling endorphins in your brain.
7. Cats are awesome! A cat is the most popular pet in the world. They are cute, loveable, and an easy companion pet to make you happy and healthy!
Sunday, June 28, the Chicago Pet Rescue adoption and information event, will be held from 11 a.m.-3 p.m at Golf Mill Shopping Center in Niles, outside the front entrance by the food court. This a a great chance to adopt a cat and have a new loveable pet in your life!