Cats make wonderful companion pets. Here is a list of ways that having a cat can make you happy and healthy!
1. Lower Stress. Petting a purring cat helps calm nerves.
2. Decreased dyspnea. A cat's purr can decrease symptoms of dyspnea (labored breathing, shortness of breath) in both cats and humans.
3. Lower blood pressure. Having interactions with a cat and hearing the purring sound a cat makes has statistically shown to lower blood pressure.
4. Heart benefits. Studies have shown that cat owners are at a 40% less risk of having a heart attack as compared to those who do not own a cat. Male pet owners have less signs of heart disease, lower triglycerides, and cholesterol level than non-owners.
5. Infections. Purr vibrations help by healing infections and swelling.
6. Heals muscle injuries. Speedy healing of muscles, tendons, and ligament injuries are common for those who own cats. The vibrations of a cat's purr are also helpful for healing soft tissue.
7. Elderly care. Taking care of a pet provides elderly people with exercise and companionship. Owning a cat can also help elderly people overcome depression and loneliness.